Maritime Labour Convention Extension Clause
1. Subject only to the other provisions of this MLC Extension (“the Extension”), Marine Benefits shall discharge and pay on the Assured’s behalf under the 2006 Maritime Labour Convention as amended (MLC 2006) or domestic legislation by a State Party implementing MLC 2006:
(a) Liabilities in respect of outstanding wages and repatriation of a seafarer together with costs and expenses incidental thereto in accordance with Regulation 2.5, Standard A2.5 and Guideline B2.5
(b) Liabilities in respect of compensating a seafarer for death or long-term disability in accordance with Regulation 4.2, Standard A4.2.1 and Guideline B4.2.
2. The Assured and the Insured Persons shall reimburse Marine Benefits in full:
(a) any claim paid under paragraph 1(a) save to the extent that such claim is in respect of liabilities, costs or expenses recoverable Protection and Indemnity Insurance.
(b) any claim paid under paragraph 1(b) save to the extent that such claim is in respect of liabilities, costs or expenses recoverable under the Protection and Indemnity Insurance.
3. There shall be no payment under paragraph 1(a) or paragraph 1(b) if and to the extent that the liability, cost or expense is recoverable under any social security scheme or fund, separate insurance or any other similar arrangement.
4. Marine Benefits shall not discharge or pay any liabilities, costs or expenses under paragraph 1(a) or paragraph 1(b), irrespective of whether a contributory cause of the same being incurred was any neglect on the part of the Assured or the Assured’s servants or agents, where such liabilities, costs or expenses were directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to by or arise from:
(a) Any chemical, biological, bio-chemical or electromagnetic weapon
(b) The use or operation, as a means for inflicting harm, of any computer, computer system, computer software programme, computer virus or process or any other electronic system.
(c) The Extension may be cancelled in respect of War Risks by the Marine Benefits on 30 days’ notice to the Assured (such cancellation becoming effective on the expiry of 30 days from midnight of the day on which notice of cancellation is issued).
(d) Whether or not such notice of cancellation has been given the Extension hereunder shall terminate automatically in respect of the War Risks:
(i) Upon the outbreak of war (whether there be a declaration of war or not) between any of the following: United Kingdom, United States of America, France, the Russian Federation, the People’s Republic of China;
(ii) In respect of any ship, in connection with which cover is granted hereunder, in the event of such ship being requisitioned either for title or use.
(e) The Extension excludes loss, damage, liability or expense arising from:
(i) The outbreak of war (whether there be a declaration of war or not) between any of the following: the UK, the USA, France, The Russian Federation, the People’s Republic of China;
(ii) Requisition for title or use.
5. The Extension shall be subject to Cefor Sanction Limitation and Exclusion Clause 2014 and Cl. 370, Cl. 380 and Cl 359.
6. Without prejudice to paragraph 5, cover under the Extension shall cease 30 days after notice of termination in accordance with either Regulation 2.5, Standard A188.8.131.52.
7. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with the Extension shall be resolved in accordance with Clause 7 of the Marine Benefits Crew Protection and Indemnity Insurance.
8. For the purpose of the Extension: “Seafarer” shall have the same meaning as in MLC 2006.